Wednesday 22 October 2008

Cold infested – again


Agh, I have yet another cold. It has robbed me of sleep this week and given me a sore nose, chesty cough and too much phlegm for my liking. The virus (above) is amazing looking though, don't you think?

I toyed with the idea of going to kung fu earlier this week but wisely refrained and took to my bed with painkillers washed down with a mug of hot water that had manuka honey and whiskey dissolved in it. It seemed to knock me out. But still, as is the curse of the self-employed, I have had to work... Thank God I am at home and can sniffle about with no make-up on and get out of bed a bit later than I usually do. I am also wrapped up in several badly coordinating tops and a pair of jeans. M, the rabbit, just looks at me, cute as hell, eyes as limpidly affectionate as ever.

S told me I look lovely yesterday evening, though I knew this was far from the truth. Bless him. I was pale and the skin around my eyes is dry and uncomfortable. We ordered a delicious curry this evening. I don't have much appetite or energy but a curry always goes down well and I'm certain it helps to destroy the cold virus. Worth a try, anyway.

10 comments:

  1. That's a shame that you're feeling so rubbish, MD. here is some beautiful music to soothe your head. It's all I've got, I'm afraid, and I suspect that your curry plan is a better idea.

    Take it easy, poor soul.

    TPE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manuka Honey has been found to reduce the symptoms of the common cold. In addition, it's also effective in treating infected wounds, eczema, acne, ringworm, ulcers, etc.

    HoneymarkProducts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. TPE, that is simply stunning. I have heard it before but don't listen to it nearly enough. Thank you. M, the rabbit is lying here with here eyes half-closed, possibly in a meditative stance.

    BTW, I do keep up with your blog entries but as you don't allow comments, I shall have to say here and now that they are excellent.

    Best London wishes,
    Phlegmaticulous Dark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manuka Honey,

    You are cheeky, but I sometimes admire cheek, so I have published your blatant advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is stunning, isn't it? I prefer this (or any choral version, really) to the more usual (and familiar) string arrangements. It makes me kind of stop, which I like a lot.

    Thanks for the blog compliments. I really miss having comments there but can't quite seem to make myself open the thing up again. Annoying and frustrating.

    Was that not extremely quick - and impressive - spam? Plus, it was relevant. I've been detained reading about this honey and, I have to say, it sounds like exactly the sort of thing I can see myself buying. (Had never heard of it, must admit, before reading about it here. If you recommend it - I'm sold.)

    The virus looks absolutely beautiful, yes. I love things like that. It's hard not to feel a little bit proud about housing such beauty within ourselves.

    Still hope you're recovering and starting to feel better, though, Phlegmaticulous. (ick)

    Toodly.

    TPE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, love. The cold. I woke with it this morning. Bloody germs. I shall try the curry suggestion. As I would have to drive 70 miles to order it ... shall have to resort to making own. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor thing! Hope it passes soon. If the curry fails to work, wasabi chases off a cold really fast!
    :-) Take care and go gently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there TPE of the fine music, I'm not sure if the honey actually works but it is a damn sight nicer than Lemsip and Beechams... Placeboic (I know, I made that up), perhaps?

    Am feeling a tad better today, fingers and things crossed! Hope the horses and Emma are keeping you dandy out in the wilds.

    Pipping toodly,
    Melli Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth, I can't imagine what it would be like to not have 10 curry houses within walking distance of my home! I hope you recover quickly from the lergy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, dear Vanilla. I'll stock up on some wasabi just in case. Whisky-honey drink plus curry plus paracetamol seems to be working for now, at least :)

    ReplyDelete