Friday 26 January 2007

Slave to lots of work

Who wouldn't want to disappear into this video for a while? Good old Bryan Ferry. His music is sleek and he is slick, and the video looks like it should and makes you want to slip on something slinky and drink something silky in a soft, muted world where all communication is non-verbal.

I've been listening to too many songs on YouTube this afternoon, and my brain is elsewhere (currently at a party with Kate Bush, Skin, Maxim and Bryan Ferry, and even Limahl was there, having leapt over a garden wall). I slept-ish last night, I think, but woke up with a thick head, and haven't shaken it off. My neck and back are rather painful and I can hear the bones crunching as I move my head. Hardly news, is it? I only had beer last night (admittedly a very large bottle) but it wasn't enough to be responsible for feeling like this, but add it to sleep deprivation (yawn) and it's a sledgehammer. Anyway, I did a bit of yoga, had a brisk walk in the cold, fresh air, and came back and did a bit of work but not nearly enough. Today, I want only to have a nice sleep, drink fine red wine and write fiction, not fact. Anyone out there want to pay me to do that instead?

I have a bottle of Marks and Spencer zinfandel waiting for me. The bottle is almost black, and the label says 'full-bodied'... Mmm. I should only open it as a reward for transcribing an interview I recorded a couple of days ago, shouldn't I? I haven't started listening to the tape yet and the computer has just told me (with Freez – or were there three 'e's? – playing in the background) that it's now "eighteen hours". Thanks for that. Better get on with it then. I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment