Wednesday 24 January 2007

A silent scream in the snow

If I don't sleep properly soon, I will keel over. I'm taking painkillers before bed, painkillers (if I can find any) to ease my aching neck in the morning when I get up, and that is as exciting as it gets right now.

GFG's radio sounded ridiculously loud this morning. It isn't her fault... I don't think she realises how the sound travels in these flats, which is probably due to the complete lack of soundproofing by Mr Idiot Moron-Troll. We hear nothing from the couple next door. So, I was sleeping and then GFG woke up and that meant I had to, too. It made me cry.


It snowed overnight... This snowman probably has more energy tha
n I do. I am eating 'café noir' chocolate bought from Bruges purely for the caffeine content, and it has helped. How I have waited so long to eat this stuff is a mystery. There's a bar of 'extra noir' waiting in the wings (for bigger emergencies).


Dear S tells me that he has booked me an appointment with a sleep guru. I am unbelievably grateful for this intervention and have, for now at least, stopped feeling lower than a worm's belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment