Friday 14 December 2007

Fight afterwards, yeah?

That's what several of my kung fu club friends have said to me. We are going out tonight for a meal at a very nice restaurant. We're meeting in a bar first, then possibly going to one afterwards, too. But what has made me laugh is the number of people who have jested about having a fight once the desserts have gone down.

I don't intend to fight, of course. I'm not quite that obsessed with kung fu, and I haven't become a street-fighting wench. I will keep score if others wish to fight (they won't – they're actually all nice people) but if certain friends could see me now, scaring classmates, talking fighting talk and managing to get in some quick hits with much glee, they would probably think I have a secret twin.

* * *

My pet rabbit is stretched out in her soft bed, looking at me with her liquid brown eyes. Goodness, that creature is the epitome of gentleness. Utterly sweet. The animal manifestation of molasses, velvet, a fluffy hot water bottle and magic dust.

4 comments:

  1. That sound fun, to go out to eat after your practice.

    Your pet rabbit sounds cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the rabbit secretly morph in the night and do kung fu...?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a lovely description of Bunny!Hugs to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Strugglingwriter, Absolute Vanilla and Sameera for your comments on my bunny, M.

    She is such a sweet thing. Probably incapable of any kung fu ;) – she was nearly marmalised when we had another bunny for a short while and they fought terribly badly.

    M came off very badly, big chunks missing from her soft body. It was awful. We gave the other rabbit away to a rescue home, a sad but necessary thing to do...

    ReplyDelete