Sunday 23 December 2007

February? Are you sure?

A magazine to which I subscribe has just sent me its February issue. I took it out of its plastic wrapper and hid it beneath the January issue. I can't look at it yet. I mean, it will be full of Valentine's gifts. Spring clothes...

* * *

I have spent most of today in bed with a cough/cold. Many of my colleagues and fellow commuters coughed their way through last Wednesday and Thursday. One woman at work sounded plague-ridden – why she came to work is anyone's guess. I think it's rather selfish, especially when there was hardly any work to do. Such generosity...

Anyway, it was very foggy in London today. The view from my window was Dickensian, so it wasn't too difficult to stay inside. Nice and cosy.

2 comments:

  1. I can never understand why people, when they're ill, insist on going out and sharing their bugs with others.

    Bed sounds like a very good place to be in cold and foggy London. I hope you'll soon feel much better and in the meantime I'm sending you sunshine and blue skies and very balmy temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you Absolute Vanilla... Mmm, sunshine and blue skies seem so very far away. It's milder here today and the fog has lifted. I spent some of the afternoon in bed, under my new goosedown duvet. Lovely...

    Have a very Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete