Thursday 6 December 2007

Christmas event one

OK, so I'm back home already and compos mentis enough to write my blog, but I did go to a party from fairly early on this evening, where I drank Champagne. I had a few canapés as well – they were OK, not enough to soak up the few drinks I had, though, so I'm eating bread and honey now.

I wore my high-heeled black suede boots and my sixties silvery shift dress. I liked the result.

Plenty of S's colleagues were at the posh bar (it was a work-related event hosted by his workplace). It was good to see the ones I knew, funny to see the ones I'd only ever just heard about, and interesting to meet a few new people, too.

I realised yesterday that I had nearly 10 events to go to over the ensuing fortnight. These will be detailed in this blog. Going to the party has made me feel festive. I think I'll put the decorations up at the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. No idea why I read your blog but it sort of makes me feel more alive when sneaking peeks into other people's worlds. I don't regret it. I don't know why I'm outing myself, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet you, Duck. I'm a nosey person – or, rather, curious. I do exactly the same as you do – I love sneaking peeks, however selective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mell, bet you were a wee babe in your silver dress & black boots.

    re. your post on the not very fragrant man on the bus, i love that you imagine what people looked like as babies, i think you've said this before somewhere, haven't you, maybe on a thread?

    in these situations, i tend to think that it could be any of us if friends and family failed us when things got tough...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gorgeous writer lady NMJ, lovelylovely to see you.

    Yes, in an older post I said that I imagine what people were like at the age of five. Can be quite amusing or poignant.

    Absolutely right re 'there but for the grace of God go I'... it's scary that so many people don't have someone, and end up in dire straits. When you are so very loved and cared for, you wonder how it is that not everyone can also be loved and cared for, and how do they cope without such support?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete