Tuesday 30 June 2009

Swear box savings plan

OK, so some of you may know I am with child. And some of you may know that I sometimes swear. Badly. Not often, but it would appal my mum. She'd be seriously shocked if she could hear me in a proper rage...

Anyway, S and I have both (separately) seemed to conclude that we (as parents-to-be) swear too much at times. So, I would like suggestions for mummy-friendly curses, such as the following:

Golly-gosh willykins [S has actually used this]
Whoopsadaisy
Bobbins [love this, another S special]
Fudge
Sugar
Crivens
Gosling [mum once told me it was ruder than 'fuck', which I had picked up off some oafish boy, so I called several kids in my infant school playground 'goslings' - no one questioned it]

Suggestions, readers?

5 comments:

  1. Damnation!

    Somehow it satisfies, and as no-one could take offence it won't matter if baby MD echoes it (as my daughter used to, with glee and relish).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jings, Crivvens, Help ma Boab!

    Derived from Jesus, Christ, Help me God, as far as I know.

    Used by the Broons and Oor Wullie - cartoon strips - I don't know how well these characters are known south of the border, but we grew up with them! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about swearing in a different language, preferably a really obscure one. Not only will you still get to swear but you'll sound cultured and refined ;)

    Bugs Bunny would say Dang Nabbit sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heheh, damnation! Love it, Signs.

    Also think Jings is fab. I don't know those cartoon strips, NMJ, but I will look them up x

    Chris, that's a good one, too. I had some Indian friends at primary school who taught me some terrible words. I can still recall all of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congtratulations!
    And it's not good asking me about not swearing, I'm afraid - but I'm sure you'll find a way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete