Monday 29 June 2009

Hotter than hot

I know that if I looked back at my posts from a year ago (and the previous year), I'd find myself moaning about the summer rain and the rubbish temperatures... but honestly, being pregnant in this weather is no picnic.

I'm one of those people who usually need the central heating on until June has begun. I never remove any clout till May's out, I tell you (though I did take off jumpers and wrap them around my waist when it was warm in spring). But flipping heck, this 30 degrees lark, well, it's doing me in. I'm so hot. There seems to be no breeze, no wind. I get excited when I hear the rain start and can't believe it only lasts for five seconds. Bloody teasing clouds.

Needless to say, sleeping in this heat is interesting. (I am trying not to swear, as I don't want to teach the little baby-in-belly any bad words; apparently she can hear my voice now...)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are having a little girl, how wonderful, Mell!... if you want to escape the heat move to east Scotland, we have had hardly any of the heatwave except for two hours this aft. Is def much cooler up here. Yes, good idea not to swear - not quite the same thing, but I totally bite my tongue round nephews, though v. occasionally an expletive slips out and I have to say that 'Auntie was silly to say a bad word'. Keep cool, my dear x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely NMJ... Yep, a little girl - well, they are 98% sure... it's funny, I keep forgetting I'm expecting (until I try to squeeze into clothes/do anything strenuous/feel little movements)!! Your weather sounds just lovely. The heat in London is truly something else. Apparently it's 40 degrees on the Tube. Hellish. Gosh, I shall have to learn to say 'fudge' and 'crivens' an awful lot. But I do feel it's wrong to utter curses avec la fille en ma tummy. However, I have to confess that road rage gets me still and I am Very Rude at times...
    X

    ReplyDelete