Friday 21 November 2008

Thump

I was hit by a wall of sadness this evening. It came from nowhere and swamped me, a fierce wave of emotion that smacked my solar plexus and made me catch my breath. OK, so I wasn't in the world's best mood (poor kip, painful knee, raw skin on my face, sore arm post-flu jab, being unexpectedly kicked across the room while holding a pad, which f*cking hurt my leg!).

But, it was when I saw the little chairs at the side of the room, the small plastic seats that infants sit on, that something happened inside me. It was odd. It was as though a plug had been pulled. I felt as though I might weep loudly, and never stop. I just swallowed and batted back the tears that had started to form.

This was, I think, about people, justice and my faith in karma. Baby P justice, justice for the innocent Asian man killed by two fuckwits who got 'life' (13 and 17 years in jail before parole comes up for consideration – how in hell is that life?!), justice for girls raped in D R Congo. And on it goes.

The one thing that keeps many people going is that there is justice, divine or otherwise. But how can we have faith when apathy reigns and we let inhumane behaviour go on as we quote the tough lives of those who are responsible as the reasons why. This tolerance for the intolerable surely makes us culpable? If you don't know something's happening then you can't stop it. But if you do... like with the case of Baby P, and still nothing happens to change it, where is there to go? Is this just anarchy, albeit diluted? Do we have any control over anything? The thought that we don't and that we have no one to really rely on (and by that I mean the 'authorities'), is chilling.

I couldn't drive. I am frustrated with myself, with things that have affected me, with powerlessness, with things beyond my control. I sat and cried. There was nothing else to do.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes crying can be powerful energy - you're sharing your sorrow with the universe - it's acknowleged. I think there is so much more out there that we don't know, can't begin to grasp. I find the "why" question futile and frustrating so I tend to accept that there is a much larger plan and that no matter what others do, I do what I know I have to, trying to follow the guidance of that which is greater than me. To have hope helps. Otherwise we'd all be basketcases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello MD,

    I'm not sure if it cheers you any - but there's something on my blog which you may find interesting. And a little plug for yours.

    Best wishes,

    M & G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I do not know what to say.This world is such a bad place these days.Sigh!

    How are you my dear?

    ReplyDelete