Tuesday 6 February 2007

Oh, my head

My head hurts and I feel like lying down. I slept last night (not enough to recover from the months of deprivation though) and woke to the sound of my alarm, feeling hungover. I later had a conversation with a commissioning editor who has made my mild headache far worse with her vague, stream of consciousness ramblings.

I'm seriously pissed off with her crummy 'brief' and lack of coherent instructions, and especially annoyed that she had the cheek to tell me, in the middle of a very amiable conversation, not to 'get angry', adding my name at the end of her
sentence just so that everyone around her would no doubt sympathise with her for having to deal with 'angry' non-staff staff. Silly cow.

She didn't deserve any patience as she ummed and ahhed about what might be good and what might work in the article but I persevered with my head resting on my one free hand as she went on and on and on down the phone. And then, apropos of nothing, she insinuates that I am angry?! Unbelievable. If anything makes me angry, it is being deliberately misunderstood and/or misrepresented – especially in a work scenario. I am now so furious with the woman that I may reconsider working with her in future. How she can complicate something so simple is beyond me. It was all obviously way beyond her.


Thanks to the factors above, plus various calls and errands that had to be made/done today, my day has been irritatingly unsatisfactory. I have had to take painkillers and eat lots of fudge to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment