Friday 8 January 2010

The white stuff

So... it has snowed: well, it is winter. It's pretty and romantic... until the stuff gets muddy, murky and then solidifies. But I want springtime now. Now, now, now. It may be because I am someone who just cannot do ice (I can't ice skate, have no desire to ski and find icy pavements torturous)... but the endless news coverage and the sad stories of accidents and various struggles make me wish we'd have a day of say, erm, seven degrees Celsuis, a nice thaw and can get back to normal again. Plus, I can stop wearing my Ugg-style boots, which are doing my knees in.

2 comments:

  1. I am hating the snow by now, we just don't have the infrastructure here, it is like the world has ended. I too have Uggs style boots (BENCH, £40 in summer sale!) I love them, they are so cosy, but they are lethal in the snow, rain, wet floors, no grip at all, I spend too much energy trying not fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have been panic-buying – it's a bit nuts. I'm sure we didn't flap like this in the 70s and 80s!!

    I think I will buy proper snow-friendly boots if winters continue like this (i.e. no grit anywhere...)

    ReplyDelete