Sunday 3 January 2010

Happy New Year!

First, a very Happy New Year to those who follow this blog/remember me/have stumbled upon me!! I'm sorry I have been so tardy and so lax in my blogging but I have been going through some major life adjustments that have rendered me sleepless, time-free and exhausted, but very happy...

My baby was born early, in September, as I was ill. I had to have a Caesarean, which was certainly not the easy-peasy option. Why anyone would wish to have their innards sliced and suchlike, is beyond me, but I had the operation on medical grounds, more of which I will write about in a subsequent post for anyone who likes that sort of thing. All I will say is that being given paracetamol instead of morphine/codeine afterwards was not funny...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I hope you had great Christmas times and also wished to wish you all a very wonderful 2010 and let you know that I will be back blogging between mummy duties. Baby's well, she's a little sweetheart (OK, yes, biased, cetra...). I will write more soon. Not just about my little girl, but other stuff, too...

6 comments:

  1. Mazel tov! Blessings to you and baby Mellifluous. My first baby (daughter) was caesarean too. It is a shock to the system and people do not quite get that one is recovering from an operation, as well as caring for new baby. My image after the event? A pearl prized from the oyster. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Signs! It's good to hear from you. I love the image… spot on.I cannot believe how tough the recovery was – I could barely move my legs for two days! Ah well, it was worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back. I was wondering how things were going. Hope the little one is settling in well after the tricky start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have congratulated you already, but want to do so again, wonderful news about your little girl, wonderful! I hope your wee family has a gorgeous 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, SandDancer. It's good to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely NMJ, thank you. And thanks for your email – will write back soon x

    ReplyDelete