Wednesday 22 April 2009

Property solicitors: my thoughts

Some are good, OK, OK. Mine is great in fact. But some are shockingly incompetent. Why do they lie? Do they secretly wish they'd become teachers of fiction? They can certainly spin a yarn, but having said that, they rarely deliver said tales with any charm. I suppose they relax once they have the job booked. They don't give a damn about the stress they create; it is money for nothing very much. If I charged by the hour to recoup the cost of the time I have spent chasing and writing emails, I'd be booking my ticket to Mauritius now.

I have images of the man who is holding up my home move (he's acting for my buyer and vendor, sandwiching me in a somewhat stale chain)... sitting back in a big leather chair, feet on his desk, hand busy with his crotch. 'Cos that's what he is: a lying w*nker.

2 comments:

  1. There are too many incompetent solictors makign too much money out of the likes of us - the worst thing is, usually it's not the solictor doing the work, it's some underpaid trainee!

    Hope everything got sorted with your move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, NM :)

    Yes, they simply sit back (it seems) and rake it in. My vendor and buyer share the same solicitor, who is always "on the phone". He's probably on some saucy chatline, as he's certainly not dealing with the move(s).

    ReplyDelete