Saturday 31 March 2012

McQueue

There were dozens of cars snaking back to block the exit from a reasonably large roundabout near me yesterday afternoon. Not for petrol, but McDonald's. People must have sat there burning their precious fuel for half an hour or longer to get their hands on 'fast' food. Crazy.

Oh, I filled my car with petrol yesterday, as we teetered on 'E'. Frightening stuff (cost, queues, desperation among drivers, and yes – environmental issues). We really do need to come up with an alternative to diesel and petrol – and actually use it. For SO many reasons. (And, no, I don't have enough hours in the day to walk and/or take the bus everywhere...)

2 comments:

  1. I always tend to like these occasions when I don't have a car... to show how rubbish petrol is. perhaps a spare set of pedals for when there is no petrol? not sure what else is a good solution that doesnt use up another fuel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I was thinking of you ;)

      Petrol is indeed rubbish, and I cannot believe that we have no workable alternative in place yet. Electric cars are the way forward – still not brilliant, as electricity has its own effects - but better than the oil/petrol insanity, I guess...

      Delete