Monday 2 February 2009

White city

Well, I got my wish: road-stopping snow. It's really thick and still falling... London has come to a standstill. I'm meant to be in an office the other side of town but there's no way to get there (it would take three or four hours to walk there, at the very least).

I haven't done any work yet today because no one could get in to prepare the pages that I need to look at. This will mean late nights at work on Thursday and Friday... arrrrgh.

I'm eating lots. Well, it's cold. That's my excuse.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of dark chocolate I hope! I've been oblivous and somewhat cut off from the world, but mooching through the blogosphere and on Facebook today, all I'm getting is SNOW!
    Stay snug and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's torturous, Mell D, all the buses here are going at a snail's pace, and half of them are delayed. And I know we are less affected than down south... Still, you wonder how Scandinavia manages to function. Maybe because they don't treat snow like some kind of disaster/emergency?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanilla, you must be psychic. I just mixed a dark chocolate cake – it is now in the oven. The kitchen smells lovely!
    Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey NMJ, we had no buses! It was crazy. Ah well, at least it meant there really was no way I could get to work.

    True – how is it that we have completely ground to a halt? What would happen if we had three weeks of snow a year?! I shudder to think.

    x

    ReplyDelete